Tongkat Ali is a tree native to Malaysia, Thailand, and Indonesia.
Botanical Name: Eurycoma longifolia
Other Common Name: Longjack
Part Used Medicinally: Root, dried and ground into a powder or a liquid that resembles coffee.
Tongkat Ali Root: The root of a Tongkat Ali tree grows as much as one meter straight into the ground and it takes at least five years to mature, the root itself can grow to a size that is taller than many people. This tough fibrous root penetrates deep into the earth to obtain its nutrients.
Tongkat Ali Health Benefits:
- Tongkat ali has testosterone enhancing properties. Testosterone is primarily responsible for the growth and development of male reproductive organs.
- Due to its testosterone-enhancing properties, Tongkat Ali is also used by bodybuilders to increase muscle mass and strength.
- Tongkat ali can help enhance male fertility with regard to higher semen volumes and sperm concentration.
- Tongkat ali can also increase energy levels, helping fight fatigue.
- Tongkat ali helps increase HGH (human growth hormone). HGH lowers as we age; a person at sixty has about twenty percent of the HGH of a twenty year old.
Note: The maximum use of Tongkat Ali according to experts is no more than 3 times a week, and there should be at least a full week off a month. It is also possible that the hormonal effects are dose dependent, and different people may react differently to Tongkat Ali and the various extracts that are available.
Tongkat Ali Side Effects:Because Tongkat Ali increases testosterone levels it should not be used by men with breast cancer or prostate cancer, diabetes mellitus, heart disease, kidney disease, liver disease, or sleep apnea.
Pregnant or nursing women or children should also not use this herb. People on insulin should consult their doctor before taking tongkat ali because it may decrease blood sugar levels. Tongkat Ali can also stimulate the heart to beat faster so consult your doctor before trying tongkat ali herb.