Pau d’Arco or Taheebo, is the common name for the inner bark of the Red Lapacho tree. This tree can reach the height of more than 90 feet, and can withstand the severe winds and weather because of its strong and deep roots. The red lapacho tree has amazed the natives of South America because of its ability to repel microbes, because even though it grows in the most lush rain forest in the world, no fungus has ever forms on the tree.
There are dozens of different species of Taheebo, each is distinguished by its leaf configuration and flower color. The species that provide the most health benefits is Tabebuia heptophylla, a pink flowered tree, which grows mainly in Argentina. For many years Taheebo has gained popularity as an alternative anti-cancer treatment. Taheebo is effective when taken both orally and even when applied on the skin.
Pau d’ Arco or Taheebo Nutrition: Taheebo is rich in vitamins A, C, B-complex and minerals such as; calcium, magnesium, selenium, zinc, cobalt and chromium.
Pau d’ Arco or Taheebo Health benefits:
- Taheebo can help strengthen the immune system, to help resist chronic diseases.
- Taheebo supports the normal blood function.
- Taheebo helps the body replenish vital elements.
- Taheebo tea can help improve appetite.
- Taheebo tea when used as poultice (concentrated tea) can help in treating a variety of skin diseases including eczema, psoriasis, fungal infections and skin cancer.
- Taheebo tea is an effective cure for yeast infection. Experts say it can also help the body against viral infestations like AIDS.
- Taheebo tea is useful as a therapeutic remedy for some inflammatory conditions, such as arthritis and hardening of the arteries.
- Taheebo tea can help stimulate the production of red blood cells. This could be a great treatment for leukemia and other blood diseases.
- Taheebo tea is used to treat stomatitis (swelling of the mucus membranes in the mouth), ulcers in the throat, and gastric ulcers.
- Taheebo tea can help remove toxin from the body.
How to Prepare Taheebo Tea: Add loose tea (1 to 2 teaspoons per cup, 250ml) to a teapot. Pour very hot water (not boiling) over the tea and let it infuse for to 3 to 5 minutes. Use a glass or stainless steel teapot, not one of aluminum, tin, or other type. Strain loose tea from the teapot. Add honey or a slice of lemon to taste.
Note: Drinking Taheebo tea a few times a week is a great way to minimize any infection in the body. But you must also be aware that it can be dangerous if you consume too much of this herb, so it is important not to drink more than 3 cups per day.
Pau d’ Arco or Taheebo Side Effects: There are no reported serious side effects when taking natural Taheebo herbs; however Taheebo should not be taken with anticoagulants.
Pau d’ Arco or Taheebo Testimonials:
- In some testimonials there was a case wherein a woman who is in the verge of death because of intestinal cancer, she has been operated on five times in eight months period, and the operation didn’t do anything to cure her. But after just one day of treatment with taheebo, she slept peacefully for the first time in eight months. After taking taheebo regularly for a couple of months she was cured.
- Another testimonial was a dog with a reoccurring tumor; the vet would drain periodically the pus from dog’s tumor. When the owner of the dog found a good naturopath, the doctor instructed the owner to make large pots of taheebo tea. The dog was to drink no water but instead drink as much taheebo tea as he wanted to. The owner was also instructed not to give the dog prepared dog food, but instead give him brown rice, steamed carrots and raw meat ground together with comfrey leaf. The dog recovered fast and within a couple of weeks the tumor disappeared.