For over 2,000 years Goji berry has proven to improve many health conditions and cure ailments. Many Chinese people consume goji berries on a regular basis because they believe that this red colored berry can keep them healthy, young, and energetic.
Goji berry is a sweet-tasting, dark-red colored fruit, this fruit has extraordinary healing properties that most people don’t know about; it is considered as the world’s most nutrient-dense food.
Nutrition: Goji is said to contain more vitamin C than oranges, more beta-carotene than carrots, and more iron than steak. It also contain 11 essential elements, 22 trace dietary minerals, 18 amino acids, 6 essential vitamins, 8 polysaccharides, 6 monosaccharide, 5 unsaturated fatty acids (essential fatty acids, linoleic acid, alpha-linolenic acid, beta-sitosterol and other phytosterols), 5 carotenoids (e.g. beta-carotene and zeaxanthin etc), xanthophy, and many phenolic pigments associated with antioxidant properties.
Available form of Goji berry: fresh and dried, goji juice, as herbal tea. It can also be added with yogurt, and with cereals, etc.
- In Chinese medicine it is a common practice to prescribe goji berry to treat liver, kidney, or eye diseases along with other herbal medicine.
- Increases stamina and endurance, it helps to eliminate fatigue, especially when recovering from illness.
- Stimulates the secretion by the pituitary gland of hGH (human growth hormone), the youth hormone. The benefits of hGH include; reduction of body fat, better sleep, improved memory, accelerated healing, restored libido and a more youthful appearance.
- Help protect your DNA. Exposure to chemicals, pollutants and free radicals can cause DNA damage and breakage, leading to genetic mutations, cancer and even death. Goji’s betaine and master molecule polysaccharides can restore and repair damaged DNA.
- Can help you lose weight. In a study done obese patient were given good quality goji juice in the morning and afternoon. Most patients significantly lose a lot of weight. Goji polysaccharides were shown to reduce body weight by enhancing the conversion of food into energy instead of fat.
- Can reduce the toxic effect of Chemotherapy and Radiation. Goji was shown to enhance the effect of radiation in combating lung cancer, allowing a lower dose to be used. Other research indicates that goji can protect against some of the noxious side effects of chemotherapy and radiation.
- Can help enhance sexual function. Studies have shown that goji significantly increases testosterone level in the blood, thereby increasing libido in both men and women.
- Goji berries are popular for their vision-improvement properties. It was found in the study that goji was able to reduce the time it takes for vision to adapt to darkness. The carotenoids in goji may also protect against macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Can prevent cancer. Goji’s antioxidant and unique polysaccharides can stop the genetic mutations that can lead to cancer. Some scientists believe that goji may be an especially good supplement to prevent liver cancer because it exerts liver protection and anti-cancer effects at the same time.
- Can inhibit cancer growth. Goji also has the ability to cause the death of tumor cells by inducing apoptosis, a process in which cancer cells are broken down and recycled.
- Helps to manage and fight cancer. Patient taking a cancer drug together with goji has recovery rate of up to 250 percent better than those patient taking the drug alone. These advanced-cancer patient experienced amazing regressions of malignant melanoma, renal cell carcinoma, colorectal carcinoma, lung cancer, nasopharyngeal carcinoma and malignant hydrothorax. Remission of cancers in patient treated with goji lasted significantly longer than those treated without goji.
- Help improve memory. Goji is considered as “brain tonic”, because it contains betaine, which is converted in the body into choline, substances that enhance memory and recall ability.
- Can make you feel happy. It is said that the daily consumption of Goji can give a person a happy disposition.
Related Article: Goji BerryFrequently Asked Questions