Share this post
Other names for Banana includes; Canbur, Bananier Nain, Curro and Plantain.
Bananas are one of the most abundant fruit that is available all year round; they are packed with essential vitamins and minerals, healthy sugars and carbohydrates for energy. The name banana came from the Arabic word “banan” meaning finger.
Banana Health Benefits:
- The most popular potassium-packed fruit. A daily dose of banana provides necessary potassium to benefit the circulatory system, helping to lower blood pressure, maintain proper heart rhythm, and ensure the proper delivery of oxygen to the brain. Patients taking diuretic drugs for high blood pressure are usually advised to eat two or three bananas a day to help replace the potassium lost in the urine.
- Help reduce the cases of kidney problem. According to studies if an average person just eats bananas at least 4-5 times a week, he or she can reduce developing kidney problem.
- Ideal baby food because it has a bland flavor, easy to digest, and hypoallergenic.
- Along with rice, applesauce, and toast, are one of the foods in the BRAT diet recommended after a bout of diarrhea.
- Help reduce the symptoms of PMS.
- The combination of carbohydrates and B vitamin in a banana helps provide an energy boost which makes them great to eat 30 minutes before a workout (two bananas provide enough energy for a strenuous 90-minute workout), or even at breakfast to help boost energy at the start of the day. Many studies reveal that bananas have the ability to enhance learning capabilities of student because of their high potassium-content.
- High in iron, which helps stimulate the production of hemoglobin in the blood, so helps in cases of anemia.
- Rich in fiber which can help prevent constipation and help restore normal bowel function.
- Helps promotes calm, relaxed feelings; it can also promote good night sleep.
- Help relieve hangover.
- Has natural antacid effect in the body, so if you suffer from heartburn and ulcer, try eating a banana for soothing relief.
- Useful for dry eyes. Since bananas are very rich in potassium, they help to control the balance of sodium and release of fluid in your cells, which results in preventing dry eyes. Just eat one banana a day to get rid of dry eyes.
- Beauty fruit because the antioxidant and vitamins in bananas restore collagen in the skin.
Nutrient Content of Banana: per 100 gm.
- Vitamin A: 430 I.U.
- Vitamin B: Thiamine .04mg.; Riboflavin .05mg.; Niacin .7mg.
- Vitamin C: 10mg.
- Iron: 6mg.
- Phosphorus: 28 mg.
- Potassium: 260 mg.
- Fat: .2gm.
- Carbohydrates: 23 mg.
- Protein: 1.2 mg.
- Calories: 88
Medicinal Uses of Banana Peel:
- The peel can help relieve mosquito bites, burns and boils. Just dab the inside of banana peel to the affected area for the healing effect.
- The peel is a natural cure for warts. Just place a small piece of the inside of banana peels on the affected area and secure it with a plaster or surgical tape.