- Apples are thirst quenching because they contain about 85% water.
- There are 7500 varieties of apples grown around the world.
- One apple has 5 grams of fiber.
- It takes 4 – 5 years for an Apple tree to produce its first fruit.
- It takes the energy from 50 leaves to produce one apple.
- The different types of apples are graded according to their size and quality. The higher the grade, the more expensive the apple.
- The skin of apple contains more vitamin C than the inner flesh. The vitamin content decreases gradually towards the center of the fruit. The skin also contains five times more vitamin A than the flesh.
Apple Health Benefits:
- Contains malic acid and tartaric acid, which help prevent disturbances of the liver and digestion in general.
- Very good source of pectin (a soluble fiber), which helps lower blood cholesterol levels and helps prevent constipation.
- The Pectin in Apple helps relieve diarrhea, soothes the intestines and act against several types of bacteria that cause diarrhea. It is also cleansing and detoxifying, helping to eliminate heavy metals, such as lead and mercury, from the body.
- Contain a large variety of vitamins and minerals which strengthens the blood.
- Apples and apple cider vinegar can help prevent emotional upsets, tension and headaches.
- Studies shows that eating apples daily will reduce skin diseases.
- Eating Apples can prevent tooth-decay; while they don’t actually cleanse the teeth, they still enhance dental hygiene. Biting and chewing an apple stimulates the gums, and the sweetness of apple prompts an increase flow of saliva, which reduces tooth decay by lowering the levels of bacteria in the mouth.
- Apple can help you lose weight. In a Brazilian study, eating an Apple before a meal helped women lose 33% more weight than those who didn’t eat this crunchy snack.
- The apple peel water is an excellent remedy for the inflamed eyes as an eye wash.
Evesse – is a rare ancient breed of English apple which has a unique health boosting properties. It is a rich source of polyphenols that help to increase blood flow and relax the arteries. One glass of Evesse juice provides the equivalent nutritional value of eating 30 raw, red-fleshed apples, and regular drinking of the juice is said to bring the arteries to a condition 10 years younger than their actual age.
Apple Nutrient Content: Per 100 grams
- Vitamin A: 900 I.U.
- Vitamin B: Thiamine .07 mg.;
- Riboflavin: .03 mg,;
- Niacin: .2mg.
- Vitamin C: 5mg.
- Vitamin G: Amount Uncertain
- Calcium: 6mg.
- Iron: 3mg.
- Phosphorus: 10 mg.
- Fat: .4gm
- Carbohydrates: 14.9gm.
- Protein: .3gm.
- Calories: 58
How to Buy Apple: Buy apples that are brightly colored, firm, and free of bruises or damaged skin. If the flesh gives under pressure, the apple will be soft. Select individual apples over pre-bagged apples so that you can see what you are selecting and have an opportunity to smell the apples to make sure they have a fresh smell and are not musty.
- Apples should be washed carefully before eating; some experts even suggest peeling them, especially if they have been waxed.
- Because applesauce is pleasant tasting and easily digested, doctors recommend it as an early baby food.
Caution: Apple seeds are toxic when eaten in high doses, and so should be used with caution, and outright avoided by pregnant or breastfeeding women and children.